Summer Hockey League Rules 2016
- Please note the start time of your game. Games must start promptly. Games will last for 70 minutes.
- The 1st named team will provide the match ball.
- The 2nd name team will change in the event of a colour clash. Colours will be posted on the centre notice board and on the website.
- EACH TEAM MUST PROVIDE AN UMPIRE FOR THEIR GAME
- Points awarded are 3 for a win, 1 for a draw.
- Results and scorers must be written on the card behind the bar.
- If teams are level on points at the end of the league their position will be determined by:
i) goal difference,
ii) goals scored,
iii) results between the two teams.
- If teams fail to fulfil a fixture the opposition will be awarded a 3-0 victory.
- Payment for matches should be made over the bar before the game commences. The fee is £55 per team per game.
- Teams cancelling games will still be liable for the £55 match fee.
- Any disputes will be dealt with by the Summer League Organisers, and their decision will be Final.
- The competition will either be a round robin, with each team playing each other twice or a single round robin followed by the league splitting into top and bottom teams and round robin played for cup and plate.
- No games will be re-arranged except in exceptional circumstances. If you are not able to fulfil a fixture, your opposition will be awarded a walkover